Company | Philosophy | History | Officers | Employment
Rexius was founded in the early 1930’s and then incorporated
in 1945 as Rexius Fuel Service by Solomon and Lillian Rexius.
Prior to this, Sol Rexius was involved in the wood products business
dating back to the pre-depression years, delivering recycled 4’ slab
wood for commercial fuel into Eugene-Springfield. Since 1945,
the company has experienced significant growth in sales and product
lines yet it still remains a family owned and operated business.
1959, Sol became a partner in Rexius Fuel Service with his sons,
Ray Rexius and Marv Rexius, and his daughter, June Rexius Sutton.
In 1967, Sol passed away after a battle with cancer. Ray and
Marv continued to operate the business, with June as a limited
partner. Rexius Fuel Service became Rexius Forest By-Products,
Inc. in 1986 and is known today as Rexius. Today, one sibling from each of the previous generation
remains as officers of the company; Co-Presidents Rusty Rexius
and Arlen Rexius, and Senior Vice President Dan Sutton.
Rexius branched into the manufacturing business with their innovative
Express Blower Trucks. For eight years the company sold and
built a strong national brand with the equipment they invented
back in 1950. Blower application has now become a national phenomenon
and has revolutionized the landscape industry. In 2002 Rexius
sold the division to a company in Ohio and maintains a strong relationship with Rexius in its
In February of 2003, Rexius moved its corporate office from its
long term home of 7th and Chambers and joined it to its production
and shop facilities on Bailey Hill Road in west Eugene. The current
facility is home to all divisions traditionally known to Rexius
along with the entire Landscape Construction, Irrigation and Maintenance
divisions, once known as Grant’s Landscape Service. Rexius
continues to expand its company into new and growing markets that
look for sustainable solutions, and a company who can provide
those solutions from concept to completion.