Rexius is seeking a skilled irrigation technician for a full-time, year-round position based out of our Coburg, OR campus. The successful candidate will provide maintenance service on existing systems and installation for major repairs, remodels, and upgrades on commercial and residential properties.
Rexius provides a full suite of irrigation services—design, maintenance, and installations—for all types of commercial and residential properties. Our trusted technicians are well-equipped to maintain systems in optimal condition with general maintenance, inspections, repairs, backflow tests, and more.
Rexius is in its ninth decade and has grown to over 200 employees. In addition to the manufacture and delivery of organic soil, mulch, and bark, Rexius also offers complete landscape and irrigation services, landscape maintenance, environmental restoration services, organic erosion control systems, and conveyed delivery systems. Through these products and services, Rexius is providing sustainable solutions for the landscape, for the community in which we live, and for the environment we share.
- At least 2 years professional experience in landscape irrigation
- Valid Oregon driver’s license
- Familiarity with residential & commercial landscape irrigation systems
- Ability to troubleshoot & diagnose hydraulic and electrical problems and make necessary repairs including but not limited to install, repair, and replace backflow prevention assemblies; valves; pipe; heads; drip; controllers; wiring
- Proficiency with irrigation controller operation and programming (Rainbird, Hunter, Toro, Irritrol)
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superb customer service skills utilizing active listening
- Awareness of the proper care, use and maintenance of tools of the trade
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Demonstrates competency using technology in digital communications (email, text, apps)
- Punctual and possesses superior time management and organizational skills
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Remains curious and asks questions when needed
- Backflow Test Certification
- Experience with electrical tracking equipment
- Horticultural knowledge
- Rate of Pay: $19-$28
- OT on Average 10hr/wk
- Paid Time Off (PTO) 40hrs/yr